Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fuck It, I'm Taking Amtrak. Or Driving.

No way in hell do I want to be on an airliner where the co-pilot is a fucking student who is paying the airline for the privilege of getting flying lessons. With blissfully unaware paying passengers sitting in the back.

You can't make this shit up. Why is the FAA letting them do that?

(H/T)

5 comments:

deadstick said...

Are you listening, Jon Stewart?

Sarah said...

Yeah. Have you looked at FOs on commuters lately? The boys look barely old enough to shave, and you know they don't have much more than a freshly printed commercial multi & burning desire. They're paid squat. Apparently they have to opportunity to get paid less than $0. I'm not sure that's a safety issue in itself, just the economy & company taking advantage of the situation.

HR 3371 looks like it will pass. Among other things, this will require an ATP certificate and 1500 hours to fly for a part 121 (airline) operation. The pilot mills are going to have to get really creative.

Phil said...

I haven't been on an airplane since 1971. I'd rather hitchhike with the word "victim" tattooed across my forehead than board a commercial flight.

Anonymous said...

Holy cats. I knew I didn't like flying...but hey, I had no idea how MUCH I was going to dislike it.

BadTux said...

What part of FLIGHTLESS waterfowl do you not understand, heh!

Actually, I am required to fly one time per year. I do it, but I don't like it, because I *know* that the gaunt pilot on the puddle-jumper that is my last leg probably is making minimum wage and might pass out from hunger in the middle of landing if I'm unlucky...

- Badtux the Fatalist Penguin