Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Damn Comcast to Hell

Actually, damn all of the cable companies and telephone companies to Hell. Damn everyone who does not damn the cable companies to Hell.

This is what I really hate about them: Their bills are nothing but a pack of lies. Comcast says that the cost of my cable service is $39.45. But by the time the finish tacking on every fee they can possibly think of, it's over $62.

Comcast even has a separate fucking fee for what it costs them to obey the law, they call it a "regulatory compliance fee." Every other business in the real world considers obeying the law a cost of doing business and if there are any real costs involved, it's figured into their pricing. But not Comcast or Verizon, oh no, they charge you for that.

Verizon is even worse than Comcast (hard to imagine), for by the time they get done with all of the additional fees and taxes and surcharges, my $20 landline is over $40. I'm surprised that there is not an "executive washroom maintenance fee", but I am almost reluctant to suggest that as it will appear on my next bill.

What brought this on was a little note in the mail that Comcast is raising its fee by $2, but you know that by the time they finish adding on more fees, it'll be more like $7. All of these fuckers are doing that, but what they don't realize or they don't care is that they are after bits of a shrinking pie. People are making less money these days, at least those who still have jobs after Bush, Greenspan and Gramm got done with driving the economy off a cliff.

Cable TV is not a necessity of life.

6 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

Hello there! We'd like to check for a better pricing option for you. Please send us phone number on the account so that we can check what's available in your area.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Nangleator said...

Make sure you enter all your information in their handy telephone menu system, then be prepared to answer all those questions again to the person who comes on the line after all that business.

I've often been tempted to just type random numbers on my phone keypad until I hear a human voice, but I'm afraid I'll accidentally change the service of a mafia don or something.

Phil said...

LMFAO!
I was going to go off on that shit too but I see yer strategy worked perfectly.
I am still fucking laughing.
Give 'em hell honey and barter with those bastards like a starving Gypsy.

I gave my TV away months ago. Comcast is the only player in town besides a satellite dish and fuck that, I didn't watch the damn thing anyway and I have a Verizon air card to get on the net and that fucking thing is 62 dollars a month for shitty coverage. The damn thing gets no service sometimes and I am two blocks from the Verizon store.

ARRRRRRGH!
I feels yer pain.
Get after 'em.

Bonus, my word verification is COMMCEMA.

Comm seema ass, bastards.

Marc said...

I dumped my cable tv connection two years ago, and now use sites like hulu to catch what I'm interested in. Still have to pay for the internet connection, but it's cheaper than paying for both.

Sarah said...

I feel your pain. I am both a Verizon ( cell pone ) and Comcast ( Cable internet ) money donor.

Verizon is better at sucking the cash out, the boost a basic $39 bill to almost $50 a month with addon fees. Comcast can't get their $39 much over $42. Pikers. Maybe MN law is different, or maybe it's because I don't get the teevee except over TCP/IP.

Comrade Misfit said...

Mark, the issue for me is that Comcast says the charge is $39 or $41 and then throws in enough fees and junk to get it over $60. I think that's deceptive.

Marc, I might do the same real soon.