Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Worth a Read

It is addressed to the "take our country back" crowd.

Please read the disclaimer that had to be added at the beginning to help the Wingnuts who lack any skill at reading comprehension.

(I know I'm not original to this, I've seen this blog post referenced on half-a-dozen blog posts this morning. It is still worth your time.)

1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

Thank you for that. It reminds me of late September 2001, when Bush was on TV saying that terrorism was a new kind of war that we were going to have to learn how to fight and my friend turned to me and said "New to whom, exactly? I've been defending myself from terrorism for most of my adult life, defending myself from the likes of W. The only people who have ever broken into my home and held me at gunpoint while ransacking my belongings were wearing badges..." And my response was similar to the linked article: Having to put up with it because you are poor and get high occasionally is no fun, but at least we do know how to deal with it. We aren't fooling ourselves about who we are or what we can do, not just because we haven't been allowed to, but also because that's who and what we are. We aren't going anywhere any time soon. It turns out that there really are advantages to growing up and acting like an adult.

-Doug in Oakland