Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Answer is: Yes.

A mother allowed her five-year old son to dress like Daphne from Scooby-Doo. She got some blow-back from other other mothers. She wrote a blog post about it, which is worth the read. But if you're feeling lazy this Saturday morning, this is, from my perspective, the money quote:
But here’s the point, it is none of your damn business.

If you think that me allowing my son to be a female character for Halloween is somehow going to ‘make’ him gay then you are an idiot. Firstly, what a ridiculous concept. Secondly, if my son is gay, OK. I will love him no less. Thirdly, I am not worried that your son will grow up to be an actual ninja so back off.
You ought to go at least look at the picture. That kid rocked the costume.

(H/T)

2 comments:

Miss B. Havior said...

Tee Hee! My stepson dressed as a cheerleader (a woman cheerleader) for several Halloweens in a row when he was young. Makeup-wig-stuffed bra.
He's 26 now, in graduate school for Physics and engaged to a charming woman.
Maybe he still likes to dress up as a cheerleader, I don't know. I would love him anyway!

lisahgolden said...

I was so glad to see that mother put her foot down about those meddling moms.

I'm sure those worried moms are raising a fine bunch of little homophobes.