Words of Advice:

"Never Feel Sorry For Anyone Who Owns an Airplane."-- Tina Marie

"
If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

"
Flying the Airplane is More Important than Radioing Your Plight to a Person on the Ground
Who is Incapable of Understanding or Doing Anything About It.
" -- Unknown

"There seems to be almost no problem that Congress cannot,
by diligent efforts and careful legislative drafting, make ten times worse.
" -- Me

"What the hell is an `Aluminum Falcon'?" -- Emperor Palpatine

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Range Report from the High Priestess of OLoMC

(OLoMC)

Keeping with the tenets of Our Most Holy Faith, I performed an act of religious devotion by participating in a Bullseye match this morning.

I shot the match with my Model 17. I shot 699-3x.

First off, the thinner Pachmyers that I used didn't feel right for an extended match. I'll have to get a set of full-sized target grips.

Second, the killer stage was slow fire. On two out of the three stages, I had one round miss the scoring rings. It's hard to score well when you toss away at least five points.

One other shooter was also using a S&W revolver, in his case, a Model 617. Like me, he was using Remington Goldens in his gun, as he said they shot the best.

The gouge that I had read elsewhere, that Model 17s like to be clean, was true. I hadn't cleaned it from the last few range trips and, by the end of the match, it took a bit of thumb-pressure to seat the cartridges.

I know I can shoot better.

1 comment:

CenterPuke88 said...

Sounds like a clear violation of the Fifth Commandment..."Honor thy weapon by caring for it and cleaning it"