Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Get a Grip

The National Safety Council wants all states to prohibit motorists from using cell phones.

Good luck with that. I live in a state where it is illegal to use a hand-held cell phone while driving and, other than the speed limits, it is the most widely flouted law on the road. Even the cops go cruising down the road while yammering away on their cell phones.

"OMG, we have to make that illegal" seems to be the knee-jerk reaction from everybody; Democrats, Republicans, you name it. Everyone seems to have something they don't like and they want to make it illegal.

Which brings me to the War on Drugs, but I'll get to that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it is illegal in Connecticut to use a cell phone unless you have hands free access. While I don't doubt that the law is broken, I didn't see any, as far as I remember, people using cell phones while driving there for for over a week. I, myself, not having hands free capability, pulled over to the side to use my phone. I think those laws are good laws.
Gug

montag said...

It is nice not having any friends to call when I drive.:-p
Seriously, if something is going to follow me everywhere I go, I prefer a dog to a cellphone.