Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Welcome to 1968

As the Democrats continue to battle on and on for the nomination, this contest is starting to resemble 1968. Other than the riots (maybe) and that a candidate who won nothing gets the nomination, that is.

So I am trying to get used to the idea of President McCain. Tastes like copper.

Of course, I thought the Democrats would fuck up getting control of the Congress in 2006 (I was half right, they never did get "control" of much beyond who gets what parking space) and that Kerry would win in 2004 (I still think he did, but the thugs in Ohio stole it for Der Monkey Fuhrer), so you can take my political forecasting with a healthy dose of this additive:

3 comments:

BadTux said...

My prediction for the fall election is 49%/51%. I won't predict who gets the 51%. But then, I was one of the few people who correctly predicted that Kerry would blow a 15 point lead in the polls and lose. As I glumly pointed out to a friend at the time, 50% of Americans are below average by definition, and "average" ain't exactly brain surgeon material in the first place in America.

- Badtux the Glum Penguin

Anonymous said...

No Democrat will lose this fall. That doesn't mean that I will comfortably go to bed the night of the election. Too much is at risk. It is a prediction and nothing more....McCain is going to get his ass handed to him, no matter which of these two prevail.
Gug

Comrade Misfit said...

Gug,

I am almost tempted to ask if you want to bet on this.