Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, January 15, 2010

Napolitano: "Allot Extra Time While Flying"

I would suggest that you "allot" enough "extra time" to drive to wherever you need to go. You're going to be at the airport for about half a day, if not more, as the TSA starts giving travelers colonoscopies and subjecting more toddlers to intensive searches.

Can we just please dial back on the national panic on this shit? Oh, silly me, of course we can't, because the GOP sees getting the sheeple to bleat in fear as a legitimate political tool. And if the Feds don't project a public air of being suitably concerned, the conservative sock-puppets on Fox News and their quasi-allies at the other networks will have on-air conniption fits.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would rather have bamboo slivers hammered into my 'taint than fly these days.

Comrade Misfit said...

Unfortunately, most of my siblings now live on the coast. I probably need to get the web cam on my laptop working.

BadTux said...

Unfortunately, all of my relatives live 2,000 miles away. If I were to allocate time to drive, I'd have to allocate an extra week to drive there and back.

But agree on the rather have bamboo slivers hammered under my fingernails than fly commercial thing. I've done it twice over the past three months. Both times I ended up sick from the experience (literally -- those aluminum virus sausages are guaranteed to spread any disease possessed by anybody anywhere to every airline passenger).

Luckily I won't have to fly again until the end of this year. I hope!

- Badtux the Flightless Penguin (I hope!)

jbrock said...

Gaaah. I have to fly from South Florida to eastern Washington in a few weeks. While I look forward to visiting good friends, I do not look forward to the airport ordeals.

Eck! said...

The majik crossover point is..

1 hour at least to get to most eastern
airports due to traffic.

2 hours early so TSA doesn't make you miss the flight.

1.5 hour flight to cover maybe 400 miles. Short hop flights are slow.

45 minutes waiting for the bags if not lost.

1 hour getting to where your going in that area.

In 6 hours I can travel 300miles by car without busting a speed limit.

In 6 hours a train can cover much more than that.

No matter what most of you day is shot
to travel. You will spend it on gas,
a ticket for the train or airplane. Used to be the train or car was the way to see the USA and likely still is. I know you don't see anything from 30,000 feet and the air in the flying can will contain the cold bug from seat 3C.



Eck!

Cujo359 said...

You know, you guys just don't seem to feel an appropriate level of panic yet. Are you OK?

Comrade Misfit said...

Cujo, I doubt if you'll find to many acolytes of the GOP Fear Machine around here.