Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Goddamn You, Lincoln Motors

For screwing up this song, forever:



This is the goddamn ad:



I guess the geniuses in Lincoln's ad department didn't catch the fact that at the end of the song, Major Tom is killed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it was Lincoln that did the same damned thing to "Under the Milky Way Tonight," too. Frackers.

lahru said...

I would agree with you had they used the Bowie version, but since they played the Schilling version with no reference of death I believe that although you tried to grasp the straw. You missed.

Comrade Misfit said...

Lincoln has used a version of the Bowie song.

Eck! said...

Meh. They went from Space Oddity and skipped over Shillings Major Tom to Shiny Toy guns Major Tom version.

It's a car commercial for a crappy car.
Ignored. Look at the brighter side, it could have been GM, entirely clue free.

The music, it's fine by me I didn't know Shilling's version till I'd found the Shiny Toy Guns version and thought it was pretty good.

From a music for music sake, cool beans.
Car commercials, well, they all lie.

Eck!

Sarah said...

Aww. I think the music will survive. I can ignore it, and forgive the thin white duke making some money. The heathen.

Aside from the music, I've always had a huge crush on Bowie. Not sure what that says about me.

Speaking of Mr. Jones, have you seen the movie "Moon" yet? Directed by his son Duncan, a $5M indie film that is actually pretty good. Been at the top of my Netflix queue for months and finally came.