Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, January 22, 2010

H&K USP Compact .45

I got to examine one at the local gun shop today. Damn, it seems like a nice gun. Pricey, though. And I am familiar with their customer service motto, which is a variation on the German for "go have anal sex with a sheep."

Does anyone have any thoughts about the USP Compact? I do like the 1911 and the Colt Agent is similarly priced, but for a carry gun, I'm not a big fan of the cocked-&-locked bit. I'm also not a fan of striker-fired guns, so you can ditch recommending those.

3 comments:

dbliss said...

I've got no advice, but I'm curious what you object to about striker-fired pistols...

Comrade Misfit said...

Dbliss, there are technical arguments, such as you can't hit a stubborn primer a second time, but the real reason is I just don't care for them. It's purely a personal preference/prejudice.

dbliss said...

Well, there are a couple of second-strike systems out there, but yaah, few. My theory is that I'm carrying enough ammo that I'd rather cycle the action (and hence be sure of clearing the malf, whether it's a bad primer or not) than worry about figuring it out. But I can certainly see the other argument. And yes, there's always sheer preference. :)