Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, August 7, 2009

Probably the Most Depressing Post of the Week

This piece, on the evolution of the United States to the cusp of becoming a fascist nation, is just about the most depressing thing that I've read or posted on this blog all week.

And that is saying something, given that yesterday I had two posts about nuclear weapons.

Depressing, yes. But you really do need to read it.

(H/T)

4 comments:

Phil said...

Depressing? Yes! Scary? Hell, yes!

Ruckus said...

Wow. Just Wow.
I'd give it a lot longer than this week as most depressing.
With all the lies and fear mongering from the right on an issue that would help almost everyone in some way and probably not harm any we're seeing a desperate last grasp power grab. And that is truly depressing. I wish with every fiber of my being that it can be turned around, headed off, reasoned with, whatever. But I'm afraid that we won't be able to.
We're seeing is the start of the death of a nation. I've never wanted so badly not to be an eye witness.

Sarah said...

Oh, let's not go all GlenBeck on this. I have not yet given up. I can be concerned, disgusted, angry and amused, but it doesn't depress me.

( Right now a slow moving series of thunderstorms with continuous lightning and thunder is keeping me awake. A strike just set off a car alarm in the neighborhood, to give you an idea. )

Just think, we survived this burning bush.

Ruckus said...

Sarah
I hope you're right and that my depression comes from worrying about my lack of health care or the economy that is hurting my small biz. But I look around and see people who seem to be too stupid to find out any facts and to see their only source of info is the Glen Bullshitters of the airwaves. As The post EB referred to is about the sinking of democracies by their crazy, seemingly disenfranchised citizens and we are right on schedule to be at the point of no return I think that should be depressing. The only way to get past this and keep the country that we know is to recognize this, and now, so that we can act on it.
The only problem with the right wing talking about fascism is that they don't realize they are talking about themselves.