Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, August 1, 2008

Stupid Headline Writers

Severe sleep apnea sufferers more likely to die

I have some news for you, sports fans. One way or another, everyone dies. Folks with severe sleep apnea may indeed have a risk for dying sooner, true enough. But sooner or later, everyone dies.

You might evade the Grim Reaper for awhile. But he will eventually take you.

(Thus endeth the Cheery Thought for Today.)

3 comments:

Earl said...

It is always the other guy that is going to get it... never me, statistically too true. Six and a plus billion of you and one of me, and I am not going tomorrow - but some of you are.

BobG said...

I didn't know I had apnea until a heart attack knocked me down; the doctor said it definitely contributed heavily to it. Upon testing, the results showed that I stopped breathing an average of 75 times an hour, and my oxygen levels averaged about 58%. A CPAP is better, but they are still uncomfortable and annoying to use.

Comrade Misfit said...

Bob, doesn't a blood O2 level of 58% put you well into the range of hypoxia?