Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, August 1, 2008

For Those With No Taste From Head to Toe

I've got my TV on and they are hawking some cheap-ass ugly sunglasses called "HD Vision Wrap-Arounds." You wear them over your regular glasses, which is a fashion look that should not be normally attempted by anyone who is younger than John McCain and who is not riding in a scooter-chair, unless you are wearing Crocs.

If you wear Crocs, go ahead, wear the geezer sunglasses, for anything that draws people's attention away from those ugly plastic hooves will only be a plus.

4 comments:

Mark Rossmore said...

I love this part of the website:

"Just like High Definition TV"

What marketing genius came up with that comparison? How on Earth are a pair of ugly ass $19.95 tinted eyeglass covers in any similar to a $2000 42" LCD TV in your living room?

And a better question: how long before they get sued by someone who claims "Hey, I thought I was going to watch HDTV in my glasses for $19.95!".

Based on that HDTV claim, some fools might be expecting an HD version of these things: i-Glasses

BadTux said...

But... but... wrap-around sunglasses are the latest style!

These look like the industrial safety glasses that I wore back in my oilfield days, except tinted. Those ugly-ass glasses were intended to keep shit from putting my eyes out, not make a fashion statement. These ugly-ass glasses... uhm. Well, I might wear'em but only because I can't get prescription wrap-around sunglasses in my prescription (my bad eye requires -5.50 correction, the most they can do in the wraparounds is -4.5 correction).

-- Badtux the Beady-eyed Penguin

Earl said...

As I get older than dirt I notice that I am not the fashion model I could have been, the kindest thing a woman said about my dress style was that I was stuck in the sixties. Which is where I wanted to stay for a long long time - now I am in my sixties and dress as I like for my reasons - but wooden shoes around the yard don't equate to those plastic clogs, do they?

Comrade Misfit said...

Earl, no, they don't. Clogs are a classic style. Crocs, on the other hand, should not be worn by anyone who is or who has attended the first grade.