Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, March 6, 2008

US Army, a "freedom of religion" free zone

It would seem that in the Army, there is an unofficial list of "good religions" and you had better be a member of one of those faiths.

For if you do not choose to believe in an Invisible Sky God of some kind, you will be punished.

Maybe someone can explain to me why being able to "pray with the troops" is a vital leadership skill. I gather it was a different time when I was in the service, but for the time I was in, it was definitely before the rise of the Christian Taliban under the Baboon King, I never saw a commanding officer lead a prayer service or prayers of any kind. Even at formal change-of-command ceremonies, the benediction was offered by someone else.

And you can forget about being Wiccan. I suspect that any soldier who says that she or he is goig to a Wiccan service will face repercussions.

It took a lawsuit for the VA to start adding Wiccan designations to the tombstones of Wiccans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is off-point, but:
Do you know if there is public access to the official after-action report of how
McCain was shot down in 'Nam?

fjb said...

I wonder what they do to Atheists, everyone feels threatened by us. Talk about your persecuted minority, not that I feel sorry for myself. On the contrary, I'm rather proud of myself for not believing in an invisible myth, and therefore holding myself accountable for all that I do.