Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Song For Today

Lots of songs may apply to today. But in thinking of Lurch, let's go for this one. He put a lot of effort into questioning the prevailing wisdom with regard to Iraq. He didn't back down, he went with the truth as he called it.



Main & Central was his blog. I don't know if the other contributors can keep it going or not. But in the event that it does go dark, you might want to peruse the archives. There is a lot of good stuff.

4 comments:

Blue Girl, Red State said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blue Girl, Red State said...

Lurch was a great member of our community and I already miss him. I just went to Main & Central and there is no information but a promise that it will be forthcoming.

And now, I am raising a glass and throwing my most crisp salute to my friend, colleague an co-conspirator in the struggle to take back the country we love and would willingly fight and die for.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the music...it made me cry. One more soldier gone....

Milo said...

Man... Lurch was one of the O.G. commenters on my blog. He was reading me before I had readers. Shit. I just found out about this today. I feel so bad for his family.

I promised Seven of Six I'd write more, and now I feel I should definitely say something for Lurch. Fuck, old buddy. We'll miss you.