Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, July 31, 2015

Gunnie Eye Dot Update

After reading the comments on this post, I scraped off the white dot and, very carefully, applied one that was centered. I tried holding the gun a few times with the original grips plus a grip adapter. That didn't feel good, so I put a set of Pachmyer combats on it.

Then I went to the range and gave it a try. Slow fire-- 80/100. Timed fire, 89-2x. Rapid fire-- 89-4x. If I were consistent across an entire 900 match, that'd put me in the mid 770s. The little white dot really did work for drawing my eye.

This could really work. But I do need to practice more.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Do you still find that the Federal Auto Match loads work best for you or are the most accurate? If so, can you find enough of them on the local market to meet your needs?

As I said in an earlier comment, I have a couple of thousand stashed away. I can get enough CCI Mini-Mags now to meet my needs, so if you need more of the Federal, drop me a line and we'll see what we can do.

Comrade Misfit said...

Peter, I have 3.5 boxes of the Auto Match, so I'm good. But thanks.

I do my practice shooting with Remington Golden Bullets. They're almost as good as the match rounds. And I have a lot more of them. For now, anyway.