Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Monday, July 13, 2015

.22 Shortage Almost Over?

For the first time in years, I saw boxes of .22 shorts on a shelf. While I don't know for certain, I'd imagine that an ammo company must be feeling rather caught up on .22 long rifle to shift over to making .22 shorts.

And I'm seeing more .22 on shelves. Not so much at Wally-Woild, but in the regular gunshops.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps what you're seeing are the unsold boxes of overzealous retailers. I do see that it seems the word has spread even to the new shooters to not buy overpriced ammo. Ergo, boxes left on the shelf...which could be perceived as indication of the waning days of a shortage.

Phil said...

For the first time in two years I found .22 Shorts on the shelf at my local BiMart last week.
Limit 2 of course.
I thought I was seeing things and had to do a double take it's been so long.
Damn right I snagged 'em. Seven fifty a box of 100 as I recall.
The days of cheap ammo are long gone, never to return.

.22 LR still sells out before it gets to the shelf, there is a line waiting for it every time still.

Robert Fowler said...

I think a lot of the ones waiting in line are the hoarders that will take it to the gun show and try to turn a obscene profit.