Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Changed My Mind, Gunnie Edition

I rethought what I said here and ordered 480 rounds of Grade B .303 from LETDS.

With shipping, that worked out to under 27¢ a round. The nice stuff that I bought at a LGS was 75¢/round. So, as long as at least a third of the stuff from LETDS was usable, then I would be OK. A quick check of the boxes would seem that while most are tarnished, only a small minority had visible corrosion.

So as far as pricing goes, I think I came out OK.

7 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

If I knew that it was all going to be Greek HXP, I'd snag some because I just want that great Greek brass to reload. But now they are saying "mixed headstamps" and won't commit to it being boxer primed r non-corrosive, so I'll have to wait and see what they're actually selling this time. Like you, I've had issues what that company before.

B said...

If it is lightly corroded, you can always polish it. Or use a vibratory case tumbler with the right media.

CenterPuke88 said...

I've been happy with LETDS, but I deal with their storefront (just down the road, which isn't as easy as it sounds cause it's all torn to hell through 2017) rather than mail/internet ordering. If you need something dumped into their counter and yelled about, I'm always up for that, post a request and I'll get in touch.

I'll be interested in your opinion of the sort of SMLE, especially the bolt action/speed/accuracy.

Comrade Misfit said...

murphy, it would semthat I got 9 boxes of HXP 69 and one of HXP 73.

Murphy's Law said...

Good deal. Knowing that, I think I'll order some more myself. It's not like they're making any more.

Comrade Misfit said...

Word on the Enfield is that the people ordering the 480 round packs are all getting HXP, with those ordering the smaller lots getting more of the cordite flavors.

Comrade Misfit said...

"Enfield forum"