Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dear Maytag: Why I Won't Buy a New Washer and Dryer From You.

I have a stackable Maytag washer and dryer. They're old and they have been giving good service. But the lid latch assembly is acting up.

So I called the local repair guy to make an appointment. He later called me back to ask if I still wanted his guy to come out. Seems that the parts for the latch are not available and if the latch is bad, then there is nothing they can do.

I went out and tried it again and it works. I tried it ten times and it works.

But damn, if a part goes, I have to buy both a new washer and a new dryer? Because Maytag won't make new parts to force people to get rid of their old better-constructed machines and buy their new pieces of shit?

Thanks for nothing, Maytag.*
__________________
* Yeah, I know: This is the sort of shit that happens when Bain Capital raids gets involved with companies, like they did with Maytag. So I guess I can add this to the reasons why Rmoney should only die in a in a crotch fire.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A piece of advice that a repair guy gave my wife. Buy older refurbished washers because they can be repaired and what is being produced today are crap.

Chaplain Tim said...

If they said the parts are not available, they really mean they don't want to work on it. I've found parts for a 40 year old drier, so I know the parts are out there. Get me the make and model numbers and I'll see what's out there.

dinthebeast said...

Back in the '90s I did home delivery of appliances for 5 years.
We used to haul away the old ones, and as a side hustle, we got to sell them. Our best used appliance dealer, who is still in business, wouldn't buy Maytags. I've always had good luck with them myself, though.
Also, those stackers always seemed sort of wimpy in the way they were built. We almost never hauled one away that still worked.

-Doug in Oakland

Sikhandtake Rakhuvar said...

3d printers!

Comrade Misfit said...

Chaplain Tim, thanks!

It's a Maytag LSE1000 Series 01

email is stinsongal aaaht gmail daaaht com.

I've not had any luck at it.

Chaplain Tim said...

I sent an email with the information, but here it is for reference:

http://www.partselect.com/PS2029855-Whirlpool-306436-Door-Latch-Kit.htm?SourceCode=1&SearchTerm=LSE1000&ModelNum=LSE1000

About four bucks plus shipping.

I did notice on the parts diagram that the washer lid has a latch- to hold it open I'd guess. The latch is part number PS62409 (not available at PartSelect) and the catch is part number PS2018984 ($2.70). If that's the one you need, let me know and I'll dig some more.

Unknown said...

I am in need of a discontinued maytag part for a SG7800. It is a latch for the washer part number PS62409 and screw.

Anyone have this part or know where I can get this part.

It does suck that Maytag stopped making parts for this excellent washer dryer.

M.G.

Comrade Misfit said...

Mark, I took out the latch from mine and brought it to a machine shop. They made a replacement part from a similar plastic. It's been running, now, for two years with it.