Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Yahrzeit

Gracie passed two years ago.


It took me a long, long time to reach the point where I could look at pictures of her, let alone write about her, without puddling up. She was a happy cat. While she took no guff from the male cats of the household, she was never nothing but kind and loving to me. She didn't like going to the vet, but once she was there, she was a trouper about what had to be done. And I suspect that a little of her kindness rubbed off on me. My life was enriched for her being a part of it.

I wish I had had some more years with her, but I cherish the ones that I had.

3 comments:

Phil said...

Dang, two years already, where does the time go?

I just realized that I have been reading your site for over five years now.

Sarah said...

I understand. I lost my lionheart (20 years old) on January 18th. It's the first time I've had to end a pet's life. Hardest thing I ever did.
I think about him every day.

Comrade Misfit said...

Sarah, my condolences. It's a hard thing, but often it is the right thing. Too many people won't make the decision until after it's been too far long.