Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wright Noise



(Different from what BadTux chose.)

6 comments:

Vannevar said...

thank you for that. the first tower i worked in had an EC-121 and they were struggling to keep it airworthy. whenever you'd clear it for takeoff you'd have to make sure somebody was standing by the crashphone. when I saw that video it really to me back to another time.

Comrade Misfit said...

Was that at Camarillo? The EC-121 there supposedly was flown to Chino today.

Eck! said...

the video made me think how the engine management skills are going away for the big corncobs. The exhausts were running beyond rich and the amount of afterburning suggested they where pouring fuel in.

Still it's a grand sound.

Eck!

J4rh34d said...

Back when I was 6 or 7 in Oak Park, IL, my dad would take me and my brother to watch airplanes at Chicago Midway. We would try to call out the different ones.And, like the Connie, some we could guess with our eyes closed. We moved away before the jets started taking over.

Vannevar said...

Comrade Misfit - no, east coast Naval Air Station. When I saw that Connie rotate I felt like I was back in that tower, it was a curious moment. Cheers, V.

OldRetiredDude said...

Deja vu all over again! Thanks.