Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, January 20, 2012

Bangity

I went to the range the other day with my newbie friend. We were shooting at one of these, a reduced-sized silhouette at about 20':


I asked her if she wanted to try the two .45s that I brought. She didn't care for the 1911 Government Model. Then she shot my .45 Colt (Clone) SAA with Magtech "cowboy" loads. They're a little slower than full-power stuff, but they aren't exactly mouse-fart rounds, either. She hit the center of the target five times out of five shots.

When finances are better, maybe we'll look into getting her some good training. I think she has the makings of being an excellent shooter.

3 comments:

Fixer said...

Impressive!

w3ski said...

Congrats, it really makes me all warm inside to know there is now another human who will Not be a target for anyone else.
Not having to use a range I recycle all kinds of stuff into targets. I love 'reaction' targets the best. Found a lost golf ball the other day, they are so fun, that is if you are into walking. They really move when you smack them with a .45acp.
Have fun
w3ski

LRod said...

Who doesn't love shooting a single action?

(Although who wouldn't love shooting a 1911? But I guess there are those…)

LRod
ZJX, ORD, ZAU retired