Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Excuse Me For Not Believing a Word of This

Dozens of suspected terrorists released by the United States from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, are believed to have returned to terrorism activities, according to the Pentagon.

First off, they would only identify one man, with no proof of identity.

Second, these are the same people that routinely identify wedding parties as "terrrorist gatherings," bomb the shit out of them, killing the wedding party, and then deny what happened until it is plainly documented that yes, they did indeed wipe out a wedding. The Pentagon can be relied upon to lie about anything and everything.

That's just the way it is with any war. Everyone lies when it suits their purposes and they think they can get away with it. (Remember "last throes" and "irrational exuberance?")

Third, and let's call it for what it is: If you arrest an innocent man on trumped-up charges, torture him and hold him without charges for several years and then release him without so much as a by-your-leave, can you honestly express any shock if he then decides to take up arms against you?

2 comments:

lisahgolden said...

I believe our appropriate response is supposed to be fear and a blanket agreement that whatever must be done to protect our precious, superior American selves is a-ok.

Anonymous said...

When I read this story yesterday, I immediately thought "bad reporting." They tell us 40-60 guys went back to war after being released from Gitmo since 2001. And that is a percentage of how many, exactly? Oh, we don't get to know that. Not a relevant detail. No need to let the masses think about it, we'll just tell them to be mad/scared/patriotic.

Then I thought about this: I'm a soldier in WWII and I'm taken prisoner. I escape. Does my country want me to go home or hide out somewhere or should I rejoin the battle?
I'm a soldier, I'm captured but then freed. Sent home to heal- am I done or will I be redeployed? What did the Pentagon think would happen to these soldiers???