Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Do You Want Health Insurance or Do You Want Food?

That, in a nutshell, is the dilemma faced by those who are unemployed and eligible for COBRA benefits: the insurance is unaffordable, unless you have no kids and you live under a bridge.

5 comments:

exmixer said...

E.B.,

I'm marginally self-employed and I can't afford it. But at 56, no choice. US$ 805.20/month, max deductible for everything (AETNA), my fucking rent is only $915. I was COBRA'd in, no chance whatsoever that I'm insurable elsewhere, and believe me, I've looked.

Why is Hillary up for State? I would have much preferred that she was, I dunno, health insurance czar or some such, though I have no doubts she'll excel as SoS, my $0.02.

exmixer

Comrade Misfit said...

I'd have preferred Dean for DHHS, but yeah, Hillary seems an odd fit for State.

A friend of mine has Tri-Care from the military. It pretty much is sucky, but the alternative, private insurance, would cost her over a grand a month.

This needs to be fixed and fuck the party of Hoover if they don't like it.

Marc said...

Just look at this entry at Bark Bark Woof Woof:

http://barkbarkwoofwoof.blogspot.com/2009/01/opinion-research.html

They're already starting the fight with 'opinion polls'.

exmixer said...

Marc,

I have a knee-jerk reaction to the the phrase 'opinion polls'. It's not a good one. And it appears that the sniping is already starting for the new 'Administration', wtf is wrong with the people we allegedly elected, that they can't make the honeymoon last, oh, just a little while? Rhetorical question, I know.

exmixer

lisahgolden said...

The people I know who oppose universal single-payer healthcare spout the tired old rightwing rhetoric about how it doesn't work, is shabby, etc. I hope that collectively we can tear down those lame arguments.