Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Eau de 100LL

I went flying today, which is getting to be a more and more expensive exercise. Gas here is up to $4.65/gallon. I hadn't refueled after my lst two flights, after this one, the airplane took 27 gallons. Do the math. (wince)

There is a ski resort in northwest Connecticut that is already laying down artificially generated snow. Even from thirty miles away, the streak of white stood out against the brownish landscape. there wasn't enough snow down to ski on, though, for the lifts were not operating.

I use a GATS Jar for taking my pre-flight fuel samples. The advantage of the GATS Jar is that it has a screen to catch debris and water, so you can pour clean fuel back into the tanks. You can also take larger samples than you can with the traditional fuel tester.


This time, though, as I drew the fuel sample from the fuel strainer in the engine compartment, I managed to run a stream of gasoline right down my arm, soaking my sweatshirt. Fortunately, I had another sweatshirt in the car, so I was able to do a quick-change after I wiped my arm down with a baby wipe.

And I was wearing a t-shirt, so no, I didn't "flash" the airplanes on short final.

No comments: