Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, September 7, 2012

Dear Comcast: I Most Sincerely and Humbly Apologize for My Criticisms of Your Abysmal Customer Service.

I apologize because of a failure of imagination. For there is a company out there which is far worse:

AT&T.



I don't want to detail all of hassles that I have been going through to activate two telephone lines and U-verse in my new office. I have, so far, made three trips to the local AT&T office in order to deal with their minions in person.

But here is one: My mail goes to a P.O. box. AT&T sent the U-verse self-install kit (in a box slightly smaller than that used for an upright piano) by UPS and then sent the activation code, by mail, to the same street address. This was in spite of several warnings of "I don't get mail at that address, it goes to a post office box".

I thought that competition was supposed to fix shit like this. But since only AT&T serves that office complex, the phone activation is "between 8 and 8, maybe". And even there they have screwed the pooch.

I never thought I would say this, but man, do I miss Verizon. At least they usually gave the appearance of giving a shit.

9 comments:

empireofdirt77@gmail.com said...

When getting new landline at new apt, ATT somehow got Apt b rather than a. For 2 weeks, they said line on and I said no, it ain't; I reside at A!.

Is to. Is not; I RESIDE at A!

Oh, sez ATT, repeatedly. We will fix.

Argh.

bearsense said...

Comrade EM - -
Maybe get a lawy....... oops, think you are one.
Hope it works out - - - movin' sucks, eh ??

Eck! said...

For us fossils the TPC was it. I haven't seen that skit in a long while.. like maybe since the TPC was one large monolithic regulated
entity that actually did science.

Oh right! Can't have that.


Eck!

Anonymous said...

Verizon did the same thing to me when I tried to get FiOS. I asked them to send to where I was, not where the service was but they didn't. Thankfully there was someone there to receive it.

Improbable Joe said...

To be fair, I complained about Comcast on my blog, and next thing you know I've got all the premium channels and still-decent Internet speed for under $100, as opposed to their starting price of $250.

bob said...

Try Deutsche Telekom, a Very Very German version of AT&T. Crappy Service und you vill love it. The Fourth Reich is a live and well.

Comrade Misfit said...

I'd be a little worried about complaining to a large German company. They might insist I take a special shower, first.

bob said...

Yes, that could be a requirement, for an auslander, so far to date they have not made that offer, but it could be coming in the mail, which means it will take a long time to reach me, since Deutsche Post we only delivers once a week in my little village, via a private contractor. Larger cities get typically get mail everyday except Sunday, pretty much everything is closed on Sunday.

As far as complaining, for the most part everyone who works for DT is deaf, and therefore complaints do not bother them. There is a cartoon here in Germany that show one person talking to another persons with words going in one ear and out the other and falling into a trash can, that pretty much sums up DT.

ComcastCares1 said...

I am sorry to learn that you're no longer a Comcast customer. If you decide to come back, I am here to help.

Thanks,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com