Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Why the Supreme Court is Important

The Supreme Court just handed down a ruling on Guantanamo that the detainees can challenge their detentions in Federal Court.

Or, in other words: "Court to Bush! Court to Bush! What part of `we are a nation of laws, not men' is unclear to you?"

Of course, the Four Fascists dissented, but that's to be expected. That this ruling was handed down while Chimpy is overseas is sort of a nice garnish.

Notice to You Democrats Who Are Still In a Huff Because Hillary Lost:

This is why the power to nominate justices to the Supreme Court is important. This is why we cannot entrust that power to John McCain, a man who is not only running for Bush's third term, but who has also endorsed and ratified the undemocratic policies of Vlad Cheney. This is what McCain said: “I don’t know if I would want [Cheney] as vice president. He and I have the same strengths. But to serve in other capacities? Hell, yeah.”

That s what you want? You want another president who is in favor of appointing authoritarian/fascists to the Supreme Court, to appoint justices who believe that whatever the president does is legal, and who treat the Bill of Rights as a dead letter? This is what you are willing to accept because Hillary lost?

So, if any of you are still of the opinion that you will vote for McCain or not vote at all because Hilary lost, then fuck you, fuck your horse, and fuck everybody who looks like you, for you are the pettiest and most detestable of souls, and may you be forever damned.

8 comments:

deadstick said...

And one more thing: If you let McCain win, the end of Roe v. Wade will be a monument to YOU.

Anonymous said...

I started screaming "Oh god, oh god, oh god" as soon as I saw that McCain would even consider keeping Cheney around. And not in that other "good" way, either. Yet, yes, I know Dems who say they are voting "green" rather than for Obama...yes, makes me feel murderous.

Anonymous said...

I could see myself beating someone that stupid with a big stick.

I hope that anyone thinking of a spite vote for McCain can be reached. I know we should use gentle persuasion and reason, but sometimes I just want to grab people by their throats and tell them to wise up!

Anonymous said...

Gee, I thought it WAS gentle persuasion....so long as they lived to change their minds.
But that must be my inner barbarian bitch goddess talking, right?

Anonymous said...

Oh, BTW, not only did I highlight this at my live journal for the blog-avoidance crew, but I blog-rolled you at my own site. I feel stupid that I hadn't done it before---thought I had actually. Better late than never?!

Comrade Misfit said...

Labrys6, can you give me a link to your blog? I can't seem to find it, or what I've found doesn't have a blogroll.

I'll be happy to add you.

Mark said...

I love reading blogs from people with functioning brains. It gives me a bit of hope for this tired old globe.

Comrade Misfit said...

What a sweet thing to say! {smooches}