Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Rudy's Just Gotta Find Something to be Outraged About

He was mightily offended by Beyoncé's gig at Super Bowl L's halftime show. Predictably, the Right Wing Noise Machine fell into line behind il Douche.

Giuliani is a huckster of hate. Finding things to take umbrage at is his schtick.

The Field Negro has a good point:
Imagine if Rudy Giuliana heard Johnny Cash singing the following lyrics at a Super Bowl halftime show: "Early one mornin' while makin' the rounds I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down I went right home and I went to bed I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.."

Or Eric Clapton singing the following: "I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy All around in my home town
They're trying to track me down They say they want to bring me in guilty
For the killing of a deputy For the life of a deputy, but I say..."

Rhetorical question. I know what would happen. Nothing. There would be no outrage or calls for a boycott of their music.
Never let it be forgotten that Giuliani is about as pro-police state and anti-freedom as they come, so long as the crackdown is on those people. Because 9-11. Or something.

More cynically, Rudy's job nowadays is to manufacture outrage. He's not going to get paid to show up on "Fox and Fiends" if he doesn't say things that'll stoke and justify the anger of white Republicans/Teabaggers. He's as authentic as The Donald, or any other infomercial huckster.

2 comments:

LRod said...


Don't forget Cash's Folsom Prison Blues:

"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die".

Cruelest line I've ever heard in a song.

(L)Rod
ZJX, ORD, ZAU retired

Green Eagle said...

LRod, since you brought the subject up, maybe you can answer a question that I have wondered about for many years. If the guy shot a man in Reno, which is in Nevada, how did he end up in prison in California?