Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Is This the Trump-Killer?

From today's "State of the Union with Jake Tapper":
TAPPER: I want to ask you about the Anti-Defamation League, which this week called on you to publicly condemn unequivocally the racism of former KKK grand wizard David Duke, who recently said that voting against you at this point would be treason to your heritage.

Will you unequivocally condemn David Duke and say that you don't want his vote or that of other white supremacists in this election?

TRUMP: Well, just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke. OK? I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know.

I don't know, did he endorse me or what's going on, because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.

TAPPER: But I guess the question from the Anti-Defamation League is, even if you don't know about their endorsement, there are these groups and individuals endorsing you. Would you just say unequivocally you condemn them and you don't want their support?

TRUMP: Well, I have to look at the group. I mean, I don't know what group you're talking about.

You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I would have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them. And, certainly, I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong.

TAPPER: The Ku Klux Klan?

TRUMP: But you may have groups in there that are totally fine, and it would be very unfair. So, give me a list of the groups, and I will let you know.

TAPPER: OK. I mean, I'm just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here, but...

TRUMP: I don't know any -- honestly, I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I have ever met him. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet him. And I just don't know anything about him.
Between not wanting to condemn the Klan and denying that he's never heard of David Duke, well, either Trump is an idiot or he's basically giving a wet one to the white supremacists. And I don't think he's an idiot.

Will this hurt him in the primaries? I sort of think not. But you can bet your next paycheck that footage from that interview is going to be cut into political campaign commercial that will air in places where people well remember the evil of the Klan and of David Duke.

And if the RNC hasn't begun to mainline vodka, I'd be very much surprised. Their only hope may be to figure out a way to deadlock the first vote at the convention. At that point, all of the delegates are free actors. Otherwise, as they know, come November, the GOP is going to play the role of the RMS Titanic and Trump will be guest-starring as The Iceberg.

2 comments:

CenterPuke88 said...

I agree on the lack of adverse impact on Super Tuesday, and actually think it my help him. Most of Super Tuesday is an "SEC" election, and racism is still quite widespread down here...heck, it'll probably egg on his voters. As for the election, I'm not so sanguine. A "boring" candidate like HRC would likely suppress D votes, while tRump would draw hordes of racist and xenophobic voters to the polls. Add to that the "surely he can't win" narrative from the press, and the perfect storm is here!

My current nightmare is more of the Donald filling the role of ol'Adolf in Triumph of the Will...and it seems much closer than I ever dreamed possible.

Deadstick said...

"My current nightmare is more of the Donald filling the role of ol'Adolf in Triumph of the Will...and it seems much closer than I ever dreamed possible."

Even down to the trademark hand gesture...