Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, July 25, 2008

Comcast--- Going Once, Going Twice

First off, I ought to say that I don't like Comcast very much. I despise their practice of "we are adding three more channels to your package for your viewing pleasure" and then, two months later, they raise their rates accordingly. Second, the old cable provider's programming (ComBastards bought them out some years ago) allowed me to delete channels from the cable box; oh, I still had to pay for them, but as I channel-surfed, I didn't have to see HSN or QVC or Fox News or any of the pseudo-religious channels. ComBastards doesn't permit that.

But the worst is this: I get my twisted-pair telephone service from ComTards as part of a package. That has been nice, but those douchebags are now going to drop POTS at the end of the year in favor of "digital phones." That comes over the cable line, which means that every time the power goes out, so would the phones.

That is simply not acceptable to me. So I would wind up with less reliable service at a higher price. ComLiars says digital phone service is "clearer and better," but I know they are lying through every orifice on their rotting corpses. I have phones right now that range from fairly new cordless phones to a 1950s WE500; they all sound clear enough to me.

Remember that lady who broke up her local Comcast office with a hammer? I'd give her a new one if she'd do it again.

So I'm going to call the local phone company and arrange for POTS and I really don't give a crap if I have the same phone number or not. And if they now offer Intertubes and TV, I'm going to buy it from them, too.

(Did I mention who much I don't care for Comcast?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I just hear somewhere that Comcast just made MSNBC a premium channel?

Comrade Misfit said...

Nothing that those fuckers do surprises me.

Distributorcap said...

comcast is no better or worse than cablevision or time warner here in ny...

you dont want to know what my cable bill is...

i hooked up my bedroom tv to a digital antenna -- i get a crystal clear over the air picture in HD ---- for free (tho i cannot watch the food channel)

cable companies SUCK -- believe me, i deal with them every day. they are monopolies and know it

Comrade Misfit said...

DCap, there was the old Lily Tomlin line about AT&T, which is appropriate to cable companies: "We don't care. We don't have to."

Jim said...

If the cable system is supplying POTS to you then they have battery backup on both the cable system and your local drop. They have to so they can support 911. (Those big green boxes hanging on your poles are the batteries for the cable system).

CrankyProf said...

FWIW, I ditched ComBastards for the same reason...and I now love my FiOS. Seriously. Install was a breeze (with a battery back-up for phones in case of power outage).

The worst part was getting used to new channel numbers...but they group them all by category, so it's actually a bit easier to remember.

If it's in your area, I'd consider it -- and you can imagine how difficult I can be to please.