Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, November 23, 2017

King Arthur Flour

Some years ago, I posted a recipe for easy-to-make bread.

Life being what it is, I've not made it very much recently. When there is a gathering for a special feast, I'll whomp up a couple of loaves. The stores where I have been for the last several years didn't carry much in the way of flour, other than the generic store brands and Gold Medal. The bread I made from them was pretty good, all right.

But now the stores here are carrying King Arthur flour. So I bought some and used it when I made bread early this morning. A number of people at dinner today were raving about the bread, saying that it was the best I've ever made. The only change from other times was the flour.

If you're baking, look for King Arthur flour. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Highly recommended.

5 comments:

Jones, Jon Jones said...

Flour makes all the difference. We keep the good stuff in the freezer.

CenterPuke88 said...

There is a King Arthur recipe book, "King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion: The All-Purpose Baking Cookbook". All that we've done has come out well...and I'll use King Arthur for anything, except bisuits. For bisuits, I use White Lily, as suggested by BadTux.

Comrade Misfit said...

My brother, who bakes challah for almost ever Sabbath, recommends either White Lily or King Aurthur.

B said...

My GF uses King Arthur bread flour exclusively in her bread baking and the all purpose for everything else.

IT does make good bread.

bearsense said...

My late wife used it exclusively. Made great piiroge (sp?).
When I lived in the DC area, a local sandwich shop baked their own breads and had 50# sacks of KA stacked in the hallway!