Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Coupla Things

I've had quite a bit to do at work this week.

Also, I've enjoyed the hell out of The Expanse. So I picked up some of the books. Leviathan Wakes, the first book, took a season and a half for SyFy to adapt. The latter part of the second season gets into Caliban's War.

There is stuff out of sequence, as the show introduces some characters far earlier than the books did. And the series on syFy seems to be diverging from the second book to some extent.

Anyway, each book is over 500 pages and they are not speed-reads. I'm part-way through Caliban's War.

What all that means is that I have other stuff that's, at the moment, more interesting for me to do than blog frequently. I don't get paid for this, mind you. So if there is something for me o do that is either paying (work) or is more fun, then so be it. I'll probably drop a post a day, maybe two.

Yes, I know that TrumpCare advanced with the assistance of the Zombie-Eyed Granny-Starver. That's a meaty topic, for now, and I'm not going to tear into it.

The blogrolls await your attention.

4 comments:

deadstick said...

Have a good read, eb. No worries.

JayNola said...

I've read through the 3rd book. It's a good read, i'd have bought more but i ran out of my Nook class action price fixing money. Once summer comes i'm going to pick up more.

Comrade Misfit said...

What I don't understand is why the Kindle price isn't significantly cheaper than the paperbacks. So if Amazon wants to have to stock and ship them, no skin....

JayNola said...

I doesn't make any sense at all. But that's the publishing business. The large old school print houses are somewhat behind it. Sarah Hoyt has talked about it a lot.