Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bloggers, Turn On Your RSS Feed

Folks, more and more bloggers (such as Yours Truly) are using blogrolls that show the time of the last blog update. They are very convenient to readers, as one does not have to surf to find updates. If a blog you like to check has a new post, you can see that they do.

So it may drive more readers to your blog if you turn on the feed. Of course, you may have so many readers that you don't give a frak whether or not anyone new comes by. But maybe you do.

(Yes, I'm looking at you and you.)

8 comments:

One Fly said...

You got it Misfit! I go to the blogroll first and do like it a bunch and "They gave us a republic"does not get read near enough because of that.

lisahgolden said...

Good point! I have to use the RSS feeds or I'd be lost.

Mule Breath said...

Perhaps the others are like me... sorta chalenged by some of these things. I had to ask you about HTML tags just so I could include a link in a comment, and now I couldn't tell you if my RSS feed was on or not.

Sign me... clueless.

Comrade Misfit said...

MB, the easy way to tell is to go to a blag that you know which has the type of blogroll which ranks blogs by most recent updates.

Yours is turned on, by the way.

Comrade Misfit said...

For those who do not have it enabled, sign into blogger and select "settings", open up the "site feed" tab and make sure that the "allow blog feeds" is set to "full", then click "save settings" at the bottom of the page.

Those of you who use Wordpress or some other software, yer on yer own.

Steve M. said...

You pointed at my blog. I'm a techno-moron. I'd be happy to turn the RSS feed on, but I'm confused.

For those who do not have it enabled, sign into blogger and select "settings", open up the "site feed" tab and make sure that the "allow blog feeds" is set to "full", then click "save settings" at the bottom of the page.

I've had all those settings saved for years. If this were all I needed to do, I'd be fine. Obviously I need to do something else. What is it?

(Note that I have a 2002-vintage Blogger template. I keep putting off getting an updated template because I don't want to screw up my old comments and Site Meter and so on.)

Comrade Misfit said...

Steve, those are the only settings that I know of. This is the help page on site feeds.

That's all I know, unfortunately.

Steve M. said...

Thanks. I'm trying....