Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Homeland Stupidity

Brought to by the morons of Amtrak.



In case you passed on the video, this is what happened: Amtrak sponsored a photography contest for railroad photography (largely by foamers, I suppose) and then arrested a guy for taking photographs of trains. Amtrak has done it elsewhere. There was a TV interview where a news crew was interviewing an Amtrak spokesweasel at Union Station in D.C.; the weasel was explaining that it was legal to take photographs in Union Station when the security goons showed up to stop the news crew from taking pictures in Union Station. (I'll post it if I can find it, I need to go to work now.)

This is really just part of a trend where the gun-toting goons want to operate in the dark.

2 comments:

exmixer said...

Saw that story. Elsewhere I wrote about taking the PATH and regretting that I hadn't taken video, as I was was talking with the motorman. That was pre 9/11.

Here's the twist to that: I have World of Subways, a sim, that gives ya everything you'd need to know. Go figger. I wonder, with a new tiny dig vid cam I have, what risk I'd be taking doing the ride again, and shooting video. My guess is busted, no cam anymore, and the only reason I'd want to do it is because I like trains...

exmixer

BadTux said...

Just more of the same. It is virtually impossible to prosecute a police officer. Police officers are literally above the law even when they perjure themselves in court as shown by videotaped evidence contradicting their testimony. The basic problem is that cops are underpaid, so cities have to drag the bottom to get cops. Thus the big-city phenomenon of gang-banger cops -- i.e., cops who are both cops, and members of gangs. Which is more common than you'd think :-(. Add immunity from prosecution to that, and you have a toxic mix.

- Badtux the Sovok Penguin