Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Double Ugh

It is hot and humid here at Misfit Central. My home has through-the-wall air-conditioning units. So I have two choices; I can either get very little sleep because it is hot as hell or I can get very little sleep because it is noisy as hell. (Yes, I have tried earplugs. No, they don't help that much.)

The cats seem to be fine, they don't seem to care. They almost seem to prefer the windows open, so they can catch up on the odors wafting around the neighborhood.

As for me, I feel like a zombie out of "Night of the Living Dead," except for the part about needing to feast on human brains. Coffee will have to do as a substitute.

The forecast is for light to meaningless blogging for the near term.

3 comments:

Phil said...

Just now watching the news here on the Left Coast, you are going to get it again today. Triple digit heat with high humidity.
Keep those A/C units cranked!
Good luck.Looks like a cold front coming from the west, you might get a break tomorrow.

Busted

Distributorcap said...

hit 99 here in NYC today. i havent turned the a/c off in two days -- george is sitting near the a/c -- he doesnt mind the noise.

Comrade Misfit said...

The sign at the car wash said it was 99, but it reads high. Lover to mid 90s, and if I breathe in deep, it feels as though I am scorching my lungs. There are a couple of traffic lights that I hit that can be long waits; normally I shut off the engine, what with gas going north of $4.25/gal.

Not today. I had the A/C in the car a crankin' its heart out.