Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Monday, August 13, 2007

Study Techniques

When I'm learning something, I like to make flashcards if the subject permits it. Making flashcards and using them got me through bar exams. I've been making them to help me learn Russian vocabulary. It's sort of sporadic, learning Russian is a hobby and if I go for a few days without picking up a book, I don't sweat it.

When I am at the kitchen table, though, George has to "help". He hops up on the table and insists on being scratched. After a few minutes of that, he will lie down and let me get back to work, but he reserves the right to reach out from time to time and bat at my pen.

He seems to be in much better humor since I had him shaved down, though.

No comments: