Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, August 30, 2007

What I Don't Do In This Here Blog

I don't do long discourses on meaning of life stuff. Even if I could write that stuff, I'd feel as though I was poaching on Scully's turf. If you want to see what I mean, go read her blog at Skywritings. (The blog has since gone defunct and was pulled.)

This is her photo:



I can't hold a candle to her writings. I'm not even going to try. Her writing is well-thought out and meaningful and sometimes it brings tears to my eyes.

So I'll stick with the snarky and sarcastic. If I can occasionally get you to laugh or enrage you to the point that you smash your fists into your keyboard, so much the better.

But seriously, go read her stuff and be awed. And remember this: She is a friend of mine. And she shoots a handgun way better than I do.

2 comments:

LBJ said...

Wow Steph. . thanks. . but you sure as heck can land a tailwheel in a crosswind better than I can.

I've seen you do it.

Comrade Misfit said...

Different skill set, Scully, that's all. I'd get my fool self killed in clouds and the only think I know how to do in a jet is to ask the FA for a diet coke.

That taildragger is pretty much all I've flown in 17 years, except for getting a complex/HP checkout in a Navion (all screaming 205hp of it)and an occasional BFR in a Piper something-or-other.

You owned a Stearman at an age when I was still trying to master a Cessna 150, girlfriend. You owned a Cub. You might be out of practice right now, but that's about it.

Flying a tailwheel airplane is a skill. Your writing is a talent. There's a difference.