Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Myopic Bangity

I went to the range today. While I was there, I switched out my eyeglasses for non-prescription safety glasses and then tried shooting at an IDPA practice target with the aid of a laser sight.

21 feet, five shots, five hits COM.

I am very nearsighted. When I'm asked to read the top line of an eye chart without my glasses, the best that I can do is to say "I can see that there's a chart." Both front and rear sights on a handgun are a blur without corrective eyewear.

But I can see that red dot!

2 comments:

Sport Pilot said...

I'm guessing your nearsighted in both eyes and have tried the dome differing optical bull's-eye shooting aids.

So here's a crazy sounding improper shooting stance trick which is based on the premise of the 20/20 peripheral vision most of us have.

Offset your shooting arm to 9 o'clock for left hand or 2 o'clock for right hand. Keep your eyes facing forward and use peripheral vision to orient sight alignment and picture. Then fire some slow fire groups and let me know how it worked out.

I do recommend having a spotter and setting up some safety precautions for this but it does work.

Comrade Misfit said...

This was more of a "intruder in the middle of the night" test.