Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Taurus View

My LGS has a Taurus View in stock. the conversation went like this:
Me- "That gun is ugly."

LGS- "Hey! Those guns have feelings. What're you referring to?"

Me- "The Taurus View."

LGS- "That thing's hideous."
He took it out of the case for me. I don't think that I could have held onto it in recoil, for I couldn't get more than two fingers onto it. And as I suspected, the ejector rod moves the star about the thickness of three case rims.

He told me that I should buy it and take it to the range to do a range report. I told him that if he gave me fifty bucks, I'd take it to the range for him and try at least one round through it. We both declined each other's offer.

I think that the View ranks right up there with the "Double-Tap Defense" derringer, in that it's a gun that hardly anyone would want to shoot more than once.

And given that the price of the View is more than either a S&W Airweight or a Ruger LCR, I can't imagine who, in their right mind, would ever buy one.

5 comments:

Sport Pilot said...

Totally agree with you but remember the TV & DT have one purpose, easy concealed carry. They're basically deep cover handguns for when things have gone totally Tango Uniform. At that point your not going to give a tinkers damn about recoil, muzzle flash or gosh darn that mug just bit me. Your also not going to think about where the gun is because its going to magically appear in your hand. I promise.

Joe said...

It seems wrong to name a concealed-carry weapon "View".

Comrade Misfit said...

SportPilot, yeah, but there you are, things've gone pear-shaped, and you're trying to draw and shoot a gun that you an only hold with two fingers?

Joe, yes, but it has a plastic sideplate so that you can see all the bits (not) working.

Old NFO said...

Yeah, that's NOT going to be in the product line next year...

Comrade Misfit said...

Old NFO, so it'll be a collector's item.

(If there is such a thing as a collector of Tauruses, other than the scrap dealers...)