Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Snubbies Don't Suck

At seven yards with a S&W 442, using Tam's target*, printed onto a sheet of copy paper:


Yes, that's slow, deliberate fire using the iron sights. I wasn't trying to hurry things along. Still, I think that's pretty good for a 2" barrel with a DAO trigger.

UPDATE: Two range sessions, probably 40 rounds of standard-pressure, total, and I can feel soreness in my gripping hand from the recoil. I might make up some mouse-fart loads for practice with it. This gun is definitely not a range toy.
_______________________________________
*No, I didn't get the damned thing exactly circular when I printed it out.  So sue me.

6 comments:

Will said...

You are planning on pocket carry, but to expand your options, take a look at Ken Null holsters. He has a couple of flexible plastic shoulder rigs. One is an angle rig with a sort of pull through to release design, the other is a vertical muzzle up rig. The gun hangs by the front of the triggerguard. You lift up maybe a half inch, and then twist to pop the snap open with the guard. Muzzle sits just in front of the shoulder joint, so barrel length isn't normally a problem. Both holsters are very secure. The gun isn't coming out until you want it to.

Sport Pilot said...

Good. You did your due diligence & made an informed acquisition. The S&W J frame often benefits from a Wolff Spring kit BTW.

Pakkinpoppa said...

What a coincidence.
I shot my 442 on Saturday, only 50 rounds as I also had shotgun, TD Ten 22, 22-45, and Block along to both fire and...well, eventually clean. I hadn't fired the 442 yet, but did about that well with it. Makes a good friend for the 642 and 438 I already have. They are not toys...or plinkers...and you do know when it has been fired.

un AUTiSTA DiSLÉXiCO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Comrade Misfit said...

Seven yards.

un AUTiSTA DiSLÉXiCO said...

I just erased, saw the SEVEN YARDS at the begining, thank you & hasta la vista!