Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Medicating the Cat

As I mentioned yesterday, Gracie is recovering from an extraction. When I took her home, they gave me a bottle of an antibiotic, a syringe, and instructions to give her 2ml/day.

Thee first night was bad. She came out of the anesthesia hard. I kind of sort of had to pour her out of the carrier, for she couldn't stand up, much less walk. But there were places she wanted to go, so I held up her belly and followed her lead. The first stop was her food dish. Second stop was the litter box, where she sort of fell into her own pee and got the litter clumped into her fur. I got some of it out, figured the rest would dry up and fall off, and I put her on a heated cat bed. When she could move, she went under the couch, only to come out the following morning.

The antibiotic was a real laugh riot. A 2ml shot of that caused her to barf it back up this morning, along with her breakfast. Four 0.5ml doses, spread out over the day, worked. I should have known, for yesterday I gave her 1.5ml and she almost retched. (That does was an accident, I saw later that there was some more left in the syringe, so I gave it later to her.)

She's spending a lot of time on that bed. It's one of her favorite places to be.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

...and of course, YOU are the enemy. I hope her recovery goes well; she looks like a real sweetie.

Nangleator said...

Poor girl. Teeth suck.

I had to do the antibiotic thing a few times, starting from when my two sisters were about ten weeks old. The stuff smelled good to me.

Comrade Misfit said...

I can't give antibiotics to George, so he gets a shot of the timed-release stuff (Convenia?) at $50 a pop. Well worth the expense.

w3ski said...

You sound like a good 'kittie mom'.It is always painfull when one of the crew is sick or hurting.
I hate looking in my friends' eyes and know they hurt and there just isn't anything more to be done.
So nice when they finally come out after and want thier sharre of attention again.
w3ski 'kitty dad'