Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, December 4, 2010

One Reason It Sucks to be Unemployed

I went by my local gun shop last week. What I was looking for was a safety-orange watch cap. My exercise program involves walking, it's brought me down to a lower weight than I've been in at least six years, but anything I can do to be a little more noticeable to traffic helps.

Actually, I found a better watchcap at Tractor Supply. It is made of thinsulate and they had two variants: One with the Carhart logo for $8 and one without the logo for $4. I'm of the mind that if somebody wants me to wear their advertising, they had better pay me for it, so I bought the $4 one.

Anyway, what the gun shop had in the used gun case was one of these:


A 6" Colt Python.

I have always lusted after them. I got to shoot one at a range 25 years ago and I thought that the owner was going to have to beat me half-to-death in order to get it back. It made the 6" Smith & Wesson Model 19 that I was shooting look clunky.

I've never been able to justify the cost, and I can't now.

But they sure are sweet revolvers.

1 comment:

BadTux said...

SuWHEEET! I want one too :). Alas, as with you, I can't really justify it, I need something a bit more... concealable.

- Badtux the Armed Penguin