Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, June 11, 2009

If You Line Your Windows With Tinfoil

You may not be entirely crazy.

The next fad in surveillance technology is "surveillance blimps".

This shit is starting to get a little too creepy.

I wonder what the going rate is for a nice laser pointer in the 500W range.....

UPDATE: About a kilobuck (or AMU) per watt, it seems. Waaay too rich for my blood.

9 comments:

Lockwood said...

Do I detect a subtle "Terminator" reference? Be careful, they're watching...

Though I do have to say, I basically agree. Did you notice that the 60th anniversary of the first publication of 1984 was a couple of days ago?

Sarah said...

Yow. What our masters won't think of next. This is my favorite part:

Raytheon says local authorities could install a built-in LED screen to attract sponsors, generate revenue and defer operating costs.

I think I've seen that before. Blade Runner

Comrade Misfit said...

Lockwood, you do.

Sarah, you have. Truth does follow fiction.

Karen Zipdrive said...

I kid you not, last winter a friend and I were at the cemetery visiting my mom's site, and one of those white blimps was hovering overhead.
My friend and I had both worked in advertising and we wondered who was sponsoring it.
Then we both figured it was a drone from the feds. Creepy to learn we were probably right.

Fixer said...

Too bad they don't use hydrogen anymore. Heh ...

Distributorcap said...

pretty soon it really will be 1984 - everything else is starting to be

Karen Zipdrive said...

I cheked with my friend and she still has pics of the drone on her camera.
I'll try to get her to send them to me so I can share them with you.
Oh, and skip the tinfoiled windows--if they see them I suspect they'll send someone on the ground to investigate.

Mark said...

What's an AMU? American Monetary Unit or something?

Comrade Misfit said...

AMU = Aircraft Maintenance Unit; a thousand dollars.