Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, February 1, 2009

FINALLY!

I went flying for the first time in three months. Between weather and mechanical problems and snow and cold and other commitments and at least one weekend when the "give a shits" had sent in, I hadn't flown since early November.

There was still some snow and ice in front of the airplane, which I cleared enough to taxi through. The airplane itself was clear of snow and ice. The snowplow operators have gotten much better at not leaving huge berms of snow in front of the airplanes as they plow the tiedowns.

So I flew for a little over an hour. My home `drome can be a little challenging, so if I haven't flown for awhile, I'll go to another airport and shoot some landings to knock the rust off.

Between the snow and ice pushing and helping some guy get his car unstuck from the snow drift he had parked in, that consumed the entire afternoon for me. By the time I left the grocery store, it was dark.

Word is that the goons of the TSA are setting up temporary checkpoints at small airports to inspect pilots and their airplanes. I have a Leatherman multi-tool in my flight bag; I'll bet the TSA would have a problem with that, because I might hold the knife to my throat.

But nobody expects sense from the TSA ("Stealing Your Shit Since 2001").

No comments: