Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gag

I am getting to the point that I cannot stand to watch political stuff on TV anymore. I know where I stand and I cannot, for the life of me, tolerate one more asshole spokesperson from the Right talking about how Palin is so qualified to be the vice president or how McCain is an honorable man or how McCain doesn't like partisan rancor.

Spare me the lies. And what really galls me is the crap I've heard recently from the McCain mouthpieces that "McCain would not have to go around telling lies if Obama had only agreed to campaign with McCain the way McCain wanted to." Yeah, that's like a mugger saying "I wouldn't have had to bust his head open with a brick if he had only given me the money when I asked him for it."

Bullshit. We've got McCain telling everyone how great Palin is when McCain spent the better part of a year telling everyone that being mayor of America's largest city for eight years or being governor of a populated state for four years does not qualify anyone to be President, but being the mayor of a small town in Alaska or being the governor of Alaska for 20 months does qualify one to be Vice President.

McCain is no maverick. A maverick would have selected Joe Lieerman, not someone like Palin who is so clearly a pick that panders to the worst side of the GOP, the side that believes that having an education is for elitists, the side that preaches morals and practices them not in the slightest.

Best line from Bill Maher's show (what little of it that I watched): "Being called elitist by cross-dressing Rudy Giuliani is like being called a douchebag by Andy Dick." Maher also made come comment about Wasilla, Alaska (Palin's hometown) is the meth capital of Alaska and that he was surprised that one of her kids wasn't named "Tweaker."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm becoming increasingly irritated at the imbalance in the coverage. Sometimes I want to know when the moderator's job became so out of whack. I thought they were supposed to be dispassionate and objective. Those days are clearly over.