Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day

If you frequent gun shops, you may have noticed that there is a flow of Mosin-Nagant rifles for sale. A little over 20 years ago, the same was true of Spanish Mauser carbines. the Spanish government had converted them to 7.62mm NATO in the 1960s. I bought one and, not knowing as much about surplus rifles then as I do now, I had Lyman peep sights put on.

I hadn't shot it in a very long time, so I took it to the range today. I had some Aussie army rounds. I can't use .308 Winchesters in it for two reasons. One is that .308s are higher-pressure than 7.62 NATO and there seems to be a body of some thought that .308s may be unsafe, but I've not read a report of one blowing up. The second reason is that the noses of the bullets tend to hit the feed ramp hard; a commercial soft-now round would be bent at the tip (I tried it with one and that happened).

I've been doing laundry. I didn't give George a ride in the empty laundry basket fast enough for his taste, so he crapped in it. I have no idea how that shitcake manages to crap at will the way he does.

2 comments:

BadTux said...

George must be a Republican, ready to crap upon anybody who pisses him off.

Well, except that he's cuddly, and soft, and fluffy. None of which apply to Republicans...

-- Badtux the Snarky Penguin

Comrade Misfit said...

George is also lovable, a word I would never apply to Republicans.