Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset,
A/K/A P01135809, A/K/A Dementia Donnie

Friday, February 2, 2024

Because It's Friday

A "jackshaft" steam locomotive.

4 comments:

seafury said...

I have a hard enough time pronouncing the name. Still pretty cool though. Maybe AMTRAK might be interested

JustMusing said...

It's amazing how the world still gets by with legacy technology. I guess if it ain't broke, don't replace it.

This and my 13 year old Mac Pro. How many window machines have come and gone to the rubbish bin in that time? About a dozen.

Stewart Dean said...

JustMusing...Macs get screwed by all the OS and chip updates that kill old software, too Apple makes little real attempt to kill legacy HW/SW alive, while I'm still running W10 and Corel Draw from 15 years ago. I have an old Alienware R4 Aurora with my old Photoshop CS6. No subscription here. But I can't run W11 on it.

I also have an '03 diesel Jetta with 312K miles. May it stay together: I don't have money for new stuff.

JustMusing said...

Stewart Dean,

My 1964 Sunbeam Tiger made the cruising rounds in the PNW last summer, but is down for a front end suspension rebuild. With modern cleaning and powder coating, it will be better than factory new. The replacement ball joints and bushings are far superior and include grease fittings that the old ones didn't. My son and I are doing the tear down and rebuild which is the best part of the project.

You're correct about the Mac. I use Parallels to run Windows 10 in VM, but I cannot upgrade to Win 11 because the hardware is inadequate. So my two main Win based CAD programs can't be upgraded any more. Same for Fusion 360 on the Mac side unless I purchase a newer Mac Laptop. I'll have to wait for a really good sale and find a use for the old one.