Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Nah, Biden Can't Probably Do That

A second proposed rule, expected within 60 days, will tighten regulations on pistol-stabilizing braces, like the one used by the Boulder, Colorado, shooter in a rampage last month that left 10 dead. The rule will designate pistols used with stabilizing braces as short-barreled rifles, which require a federal license to own and are subject to a more thorough application process and a $200 tax.

I'm reasonably sure that he can't do that. The problem is that in now saying that pistols with arm braces are now short-barreled rifles means that anyone who owns one immediately becomes a criminal because they didn't go through the application process and get a $200 tax stamp for their gun.

The president can't issue an executive order that makes previously legal conduct illegal. Making something illegal is up to Congress, which makes the laws. Hell, imagine how much use TFG could have made of EOs with his Sharpie if by his whim, he could have made something illegal.

Do I think that pistols with stabilizing braces are essentially short-barrled rifles? I do. But the time to make that determination was when they were offered to the ATF for classification. The ATF said they weren't, so the guns went into production and a shitload of them were sold to people who bought them in good faith that they were buying a legal product. Turning them into felons at the stroke of a pen by executive action is vile and Trumpist-grade arrogance.

13 comments:

Grey said...

Who voted for this traitor?

Comrade Misfit said...

You mean, as opposed to the seditionist and Russian asset that, presumably, you voted for?

The answer to your question is "81 million people".

Tod Germanica said...

I did, Grey. That the color of your uniform?

DTWND said...

Grey
I didn’t vote for the traitor. Instead I voted for the man who supported common sense, the rule of law, listens to experts, and brings the nation the leadership and dignity it deserves. Again, I did not vote for the traitor, T****.

Dale

Comrade Misfit said...

OK, let’s get off the “voting for which traitor” topic.

0_0 said...

Garland is no better.
AR pistols are more concealable because they have a brace instead of a stock?

Ten Bears said...

Credit where credit due: score one for double-ought.

All anyone ever needs is a good huntin' rifle and revolver ...

Comrade Misfit said...

Anyone who owns a gun and doesn't have both a S&W .38 and a 1911 isn't a true American.

So I was having lunch one day with a bunch of lawyers and a couple of judges. One of the younger lawyers said he'd bought a 1911. One of the judges asked "you've never had one?" The lawyer said no. The judge stood up, gestured towards the lawyer with his right and and said "Bless you, my son, for today you become a man."

Comrade Misfit said...

But more to the point, TB, I disagree. I'm not a fan of the Kraut Plastics, but if somebody could have only one gun and wasn't terribly interested in things, a Glock 19 is hard to beat.

However, maybe after this pandemic panic shit is over. A year ago, Glock 19s were going for about $200 over MSRP. Model 10s can still be had, but the pricing there is also into the stupid levels.

Ten Bears said...

I have pistol hunted with .357; it is a challenge not unlike bow-hunting. And a Glock would have the punch, not to mention ten more rounds, which might a good thing if you're goin' after bear though like bow-hunting it won't do you much good with deer or elk: you're either gonna' get it on the first round or not. Sprayin' it is more likely to wound it where it'll crawl off somewhere you won't find it to die (if not eaten alive by scavengers).

I don't understand why people, even gunners, don't make the connection between hunting and sniping. That's the root of my comment, actually something m'g'da said, lo these many years ago. I'm not in a "militia", have been deemed unfit for military service (grant, 50 yr ago) ... I don't need military hardware. I've got a good 30 caliber huntin' rifle (actually a revolver) and an old k-frame, neither of which I actually "need". Been a long time since I've hunted.

There was even a movie about it ...

Eck! said...

I believe in four...
Revolver, lot of choices but S&W has appeal.
semi-Auto pistol, firepower. lot of choices, Colt is nice.
Rifle Anything from 30-30 lever gun up, parital to M1 Garand
Shotgun, I'm partial to Ithica 37s busted a lot of clays with one.

That and a full set of spares in different flavors as one
is just one.

Whats stupid in the in the Volkspubik Ma a M1 like dad shot
in WWII is just fine but AR15 is 'dangerous military
assault rifle".

However I use up a lot of lead shooting nitro-piston air rifles
in .177 and .22. Basis is if I can't headshot a squiggle at
30yds with that, why bigger then. That and backyard
mini-sniping, trying to hit a bottle cap and similar at
15 out to 50yds)for fun.


Eck!

Tod Germanica said...

Yes those .38 special Smiths are special. My personal experience with the 1911a1 in Vietnam was not so much. Not that I was ever issued one, mine was a typical worn out WWII black market one, $50 in 1971. Surely stolen from someone. I could not hit rabbits in the razor wire perimeter at about 35 feet, yet I fired expert on the M-16 at Ft Polk. But then pistols are hard to shoot. Especially rattling old war relics firing antiquated yet mighty ammo. I guess it gave me a warm feeling on dark nights maybe. Pure psychology. Just before I flew back to the world it was stolen from me before I could sell it on. Lie, cheat and steal: prepare for a civilian career.

Comrade Misfit said...

Tod, maybe those unmaintained guns were bad. But the armories where I served had 1911s and I never had any problem making headshots on reduced-sized silhouettes at ten yards with any of the guns I was handed.