Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bullshit Gender Site

I found a link to this site at Blue Gal's blog. It's supposed to analyze a blog and determine the gender of the blog author.

It does not work. It seems to assume that anyone who writes about firearms or politics or national security issues is a man.

Cases in point: The Spy Who Billed Me, View From the Porch, Adventures of Roberta X, the Breda Fallacy, TFS Magnum, ShortWoman, Echinde of the Snakes, and, of course, this humble blog. Pulp Friction and Cranky Epistles were still thought to be male, but close. Politits barely made it to the female side of the scale (the blog is written by a blogger whose handle is "DCup"-- hello? how much more do you need?).

Stupid computer widget.

5 comments:

beadnik said...

Snort! Yeah, it thought my blog, which is mostly about beadwork and knitting was written by a man. Perhaps because I included my results from the Politics Test? Ah well, it was briefly entertaining.

Fran / Blue Gal said...

but see? you gave me linky love!

Thanks I gotcha blogrolled now. Keep the faith.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I changed my name to double DCups, that widget would get it?

Fixer said...

Stupid computer widget.

Yeah. That thing said the Brain was 'probably' male (67%). An outrage since we all know me and Gord are 100% manly men. Heh ...

Comrade Misfit said...

Fixer, you scored lower than about half of the blogs written by women which I cited.

Heh. Heh. Heh.