Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Shorter GOP Excuse: "Trump is an Inexperienced Dolt."

Before Comey’s testimony about his private interactions with President* Trump had even concluded, Ryan joined an effort already underway among GOP lawmakers to place it in the best possible light for Trump.

“Of course there needs to be a degree of independence” between federal law enforcement and the White House, Ryan said. But he added, “The president’s new at this. He’s new to government, and so he probably wasn’t steeped in the long-running protocols that establish the relationships between [the Justice Department], FBI and White House. He’s just new to this.”
I don't buy that for a nanosecond. The problem is that Trump is, at his core, an authoritarian who believes that his every whim should be law and is confused by the notion of checks and balances.

He is a toxic mixture of ignorance and arrogance, infused with the emotional immaturity of a first-grader.

I watched some of the Comey hearing and it was clear that the RMS Trump has scraped open its hull against an iceberg. The Republicans are going to continue to arrange deck chairs and submit song requests to the band director. But the water is coming in.

5 comments:

Ten Bears said...

I once told a judge I didn't know, and I didn't know, that my license was suspended. Laughed at me.

dinthebeast said...

Molly Ivins once said, about H. Ross Perot, that guys who have made a lot of money in business have a real hard time operating in a system of checks and balances.
She also said, about Clayton Williams, that a politician can trip over his dick a few times, but he shouldn't just stand there and stomp on it over and over...

-Doug in Oakland

w3ski said...

We lost Barnum and Bailey but by god we we still have tRump.
I was around and old enough to follow Nixon imploding, but I will admit I was way less interested in politics then. Now I follow this stuff and have Great Grand kids 'on the line' as it were, too.
I understand our current resident has a "reality show' background, but I never did like that kind of 'entertainment', but what a show we have going now.
I would be in Tears for what he has already done to our Country, but I find some solace in my end of the road home and gardening.
w3ski

Iron City said...

My first grader is insulted.

Comrade Misfit said...

Didn't he say, last year, that he knew the system better than anyone, which is why only he could fix it? And now, he's an ignoramus? A complete tyro?